|Dear Nebula Attendee, Dear SFWA member,
Don your spookiest suits and most boo-ti-ful attire to attend our Halloween Costume Party! It’s an evening full of macabre merriment for SFWA members and the ongoing 2020 Nebula Conference Online attendees. We’d be delighted by your presence—whether ectoplasmic or virtual.
Costume Contest! Jack-O-Lantern Show and Tell! Virtual Bartending! Dance Party with DJ Scalzi! Tarot Readings!
The Haunting of SFWA House
Saturday, October 31, 2020
All Times Pacific
Enter Via the Hellhound Gates:
- 4:00 pm – Festivities begin with a Halloween parade on Twitter. Tag photos of your costumes and your jack-o-lanterns with #SFWAHalloween and the official account will retweet all participants.
- 4:30 pm – The Party suite opens for early arrivals. You may enter the Zoom Room whenever the spirits move you via the Hellhound Gates linked above.
- 5:00 pm – The Party begins, the Bar starts slinging, and the Jack-O-Lantern Show and Tell room opens
- 5:30 pm – The Costume contest will take place with celebrity judges and prizes
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm DJ John Scalzi will host the Dreaded Dance
- 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm Karaoke
- 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Tarot Readings with Board member Monica Valentini
To enter via the Hellhound Gates, you will need to log into the Nebula Event site, just as you do for attending any Nebula event. SFWA members log in via the SFWA Member Log-in Button at the top of the web page. Use the same email address and password you use to log in when you renew your membership. You may also need to re-navigate to the webpage above after logging in.
IMPORTANT: Please download the latest version of Zoom to your device so you can engage fully with the haunting. It is possible to attend with the webclient, but you will not fully materialize in the party.
Any questions? Ask email@example.com. We can’t wait to see everyone’s spectral swagger! See you on Halloween.
The SFWA Events Team