Nebula Conference and Awards Banquet Accessibility FAQ:
Q: How should I let the Nebula Conference know about my accessibility accommodation needs?
A: As you register, please let us know if you have special requests for accessibility accommodation, for both on-site and off-site events. (e.g. transportation, mobility, vision, hearing, etc.). Information provided will be kept in the strictest of confidences.
If you have any questions or concerns before you register which are not answered here, please contact the events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Is the Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills an accessible hotel?
A: The Accessibility Checklist for SFWA Spaces was used before choosing theWarner Center Marriott Woodland Hills as the venue for the 54th Nebula Conference and Awards. For more information, please visit: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/fact-sheet/travel/laxwc-warner-center-marriott-woodland-hills/#accessbility.
FOR YOUR ACCESSIBILITY NEEDS
The Following Features Are Available:
- For more information call the general manager of the hotel. The hotel may be reached at: +1-818-887-4800 .
- Accessible guest rooms have a 32 inch wide opening
- Hotel has on site accessible self-parking
- Route to accessible guest rooms is accessible
- Self-operating lifts or sloped entry
- Service animals allowed for persons with disabilities
- An all genders restroom will be available and clearly marked.
Here are some other possible barriers for attendees:
- The elevators at the hotel might be too small for some larger mobility devices.
- The Nebula Conference is not scent-free.
Q: What other accommodations are already planned for the Nebula Conference event spaces?
A: Here is a list of planned accommodations per the Accessibility Checklist for SFWA Spaces:
- There will be accessible seating in all of the Nebula Conference event spaces. This includes seating near the front for attendees with visual or hearing impairments and spaces for wheelchairs and scooters. Accessible seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All event spaces will have ramps to the stages, and microphones for speakers.
- If you have physical challenges with standing in lines, please alert a Nebula Conference staff member, and they will ensure you get accommodation.
- Service animals are allowed per the ADA definitions.
- Other accommodations such as ASL interpreters and large-print publications are available upon request.
Q: What if I have dietary concerns for the Nebula Awards® Banquet?
A: Adjustments can be made to many of the food choices available at the Nebula Awards® Banquet. Please let us know your dietary needs when you register for the banquet.