Nebula Conference and Awards Ceremony Accessibility FAQ:
Q: How should I let the Nebula Conference know about my accessibility accommodation needs?
A: As you register, please let us know if you have special requests for accessibility accommodation, for events. (e.g. vision, hearing, etc.). Information provided will be kept in the strictest of confidences.
If you have any questions or concerns before you register which are not answered here, please contact the events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Do you have an accessibility coordinator?
A: Yes, Aliza Greenblatt is working with the community on best practices and guidelines for the online conference.
FOR YOUR ACCESSIBILITY NEEDS
The Following Features Are Available:
- Closed captioning for recorded talks
- Text-reader friendly web-site
- Alt-text for images
- Audio-only engagement
- Low-sensory virtual rooms
- Recordings of panels and presentations, with closed-captioning, for review at the participant’s leisure
- Social opportunities that do not require cameras, microphones, or speakers
Note: Currently closed-captioning is only available for recorded panels. We are working on finding transcriptionists for the conference while panels are live but that is still in process.
Q: What other accommodations are already planned for the Nebula Conference event spaces?
A: Here is a list of planned accommodations per the Accessibility Checklist for SFWA Spaces:
- Other accommodations such as ASL interpreters will be available upon advance request.
We welcome input from the community, please let our accessibility coordinator, Aliza Greenblatt, know about ways to make the conference as accessible as possible.
Please fill out this form.